Vermont Resources For Families

There are many state and local agencies throughout Vermont that can help you as you care for your relative’s child, and help you provide for his/her needs as well as your own. VKAP was founded by kin who are raising the children of relatives, and who have experienced much of what you may be going through. Please call if you need help to find the services and supports your may need for your family.  Click here to contact VKAP.

Department For Children and Families

has links to programs, services, and resources available to families. Click here

Lund Family Center

has programs for parents; helps with permanent homes for children. Call 802-864-7467 or 1-800-639-1741 toll free or Click here

Vermont Family Network

works with families helping to advocate for special needs children in education. Call 802-876-5315 or 1-800-800-4005 toll free or Click here

Vermont Federation Of Families For Children’s Mental Health

helps families whose children have mental health needs. Call 802-244-1966 or 800-639-6071 (Families only please) or Click here

For additional help

finding resources to help you and the child(ren) with you, contact Vermont Kin As Parents at 802-871-5104 or call 211.