- Helen Hossley, Interim Executive Director, email@example.com, 802 871-5104
- Melanie Steeneck, Kinship Navigator Franklin/Grand Isle,
Board of Directors:
- Jim Holway (President)
- John Fodero, Marvell
- Chris Trombly, Treasurer, Peoples Bank
- Linda Deliduka, Secretary
- April Villemaire
- Kienan Christianson
- Jeanne Collins
- Catherine Harris, Post-Permanence Manager, Vt DCF
- Joan Rock, Kin/Foster Liaison, Vt DCF
- Brian Southworth, Lund
In 2004 the Vermont Legislature set aside $5,000 to fund a conference for and about relatives who were raising the children of others. The first “Parenting Revisited” kinship conference was held in April of 2005 and was a major success. Because of the impact of the conference, a small group of grandparents raising their grandchildren together with community partners who saw the needs, applied for and received nonprofit status in October 2005. So began VKAP’s journey.
VKAP has become known throughout Vermont as a strong advocate for relative caregivers and the children they are raising and as a resource for kinship caregivers as well as social service providers. VKAP works with families throughout Vermont, sits on a number of committees representing the voice of kinship families, and advocates for legislative and policy changes to improve the lives of children and families in the state while maintaining connections with national agencies working on behalf of kinship families.